Bird Canada has written an eloquent appeal to birders to write a letter in support of keeping the pastures in the public domain. Here’s what they suggest:
1) Write a short, courteous letter to the Honourable Brad Wall, Premier of Saskatchewan (address: Legislative Building, Regina, SK S4S 0B3, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) telling why you think the PFRA pastures should remain in the public domain. Please be sure to include your name and full address on all correspondence, and ask for a response to your letter. A cc to PPPI at email@example.com would also be appreciated.
2) Encourage others to write to the Premier of Saskatchewan about this issue.
3) Encourage environmental/naturalist/conservation and/or ranching and agricultural organizations to write to the Premier of Saskatchewan asking him to retain these pastures in the public domain. Also ask these organizations to post information on web pages and in newsletters so others can gain knowledge of this issue. Information on a webpage will result in a Google hit. Both politicians and the media look at Google hits to see how much support and traction an issue has.
4) Encourage environmental/naturalist/conservation and/or ranching and agricultural organizations to allow PPPI to use their logos in press releases and other documents to show the broad range of support for keeping these pastures public.
5) Encourage the media to cover this story.