With the Saskatchewan provincial election in full swing, and an election date of April 4, 2016, we have created some material for bringing forward the concerns about the PFRA Community Pastures and publicly-owned grasslands.
– A handout to give candidates, with recommendations for things they can do. It is a thumbnail sketch of the complexities of the Community Pastures and grasslands issues, but we hope it conveys the essentials.
There are many ways to influence direction at at the time of an election.
- Talk to the candidates that knock on your door or that you meet at events.Take courage – you have the right to present your views and even a short conversation has an effect.
- Attend all-candidate forums and ask about the environment, agriculture, public pastures and grasslands, even though other issues seem to be dominating the airwaves.
- Write a letter or email or make a phone call to your local candidates. Drop by their constituency office and have a chat about your views.
- Write a letter to the editor to the newspaper, or local community paper.
- Put forward your views on social media.
- Talk to your neighbours.
- Do a creative video, or just a short simple interview on your camera or smartphone, and post it on You-Tube.
- Send a message via Twitter
Grasslands could become an election issue!